Welcome to the website of the Health Professions Accreditation Collaborative Forum (the Forum), the coalition of the 15 accreditation authorities for the regulated health professions, each being currently appointed for the profession by the National Board under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law.
The Forum comprises:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practice Accreditation Committee
- Australian Dental Council
- Australian Medical Council
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council
- Australian Pharmacy Council
- Australian Physiotherapy Council
- Australian Psychology Accreditation Council
- Australasian Osteopathic Accreditation Council
- Chinese Medicine Accreditation Committee
- Council on Chiropractic Education Australasia
- Medical Radiation Practice Accreditation Committee
- Optometry Council of Australia and New Zealand
- Occupational Therapy Council of Australia Ltd
- Paramedicine Accreditation Committee
- Podiatry Accreditation Committee
To view the website of a particular authority, click on the name of the authority above, or go to Members.
The Forum is delighted to have finalised the next Strategic Plan for 2020-2023. This second strategic plan was confirmed following workshop development and consultation with members from late 2019 into 2020 and will take forward work that will contribute to improvements in accreditation practices, and allow the Forum to use its expertise to influence the development of accreditation under the National law. COVID-19 pandemic has required re-prioritisation of some activities to meet the needs of stakeholders during this time.
Analysis and the Forum’s collective position in respect to accreditation of programs and the impact of COVID-19, during 2020, can be found at http://hpacf.org.au/statementsandpositionpapers/