The ADC has embarked on a project to develop an online web portal (Item Portal) allowing:
• secured access to the system by Contributors using managed credentials (e.g. User ID and password),
• presentation of work to be completed by Contributors using a Dashboard / Work-tray approach,
• workflow of data (e.g. the progression of reviewed Items or new Items from Contributor to Contributor on that completion of their work) using a set of pre-defined rules,
• the ability to add/edit/delete Images to items,
• provision of a Forum facility allowing Contributors to discuss the specifics of Items being worked on,
• the inclusion of a super-user with an ability to oversee all projects, an interface with the current item bank.
The web portal allows our candidates from Australia and overseas to commence their registration journey using the latest technology, including phone and tablet platforms. The online eligibility processes have streamlined the way that we can provide our examination and assessment services and are moving us to a paper-less environment.